Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Winter Wear for the Kiddies

Pin It Now! It's FINALLY getting chilly in Houston, and my kids have no winter clothes to their name. So instead of working on the 4 bridesmaid dresses I should be sewing, I decided to expand the kids' wardrobe.
Denny has no long-sleeved shirts because it's usually so stinkin' hot in Houston. So I whipped up a jersey knit shirt for him and asked him if he wanted any pictures on front. He's obsessed with Star Wars right now and insisted on a Jango Fett applique. Not bad, eh?
There's this great outdoor fabric store in Idaho where you can buy high quality technical fleece by the yard. I just used wind resistant fleece for this tester jacket, but next time I'll opt for the wind stopper fleece. I used my 5 year old's REI fleece jacket as a guide for making this smaller version for Ashlyn.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute cute. I'm trying to keep Brigham warm too. We have no warm baby clothes either!

Melinda said...

Cute clothes & kids. My boys are Star Wars nuts, too. I also love te crib set below. I had no idea my cousin married a little seamstress.

Linda said...

You are amazing Jodi! I love your "stuff." Now if I was only skinny like the model(is that you) that is wearing your tops, I would buy one of each!

Love,
Aunt Linda

Janell said...

The kids and the clothes are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Man, Jodi, I just discovered you had a blog, and what the heck!!! I didn't know you were such the woman! I know Melissa is the woman, and she told me she got it from you, but oh my gosh....you amaze me. Why didn't you sew me a blanket while we were at Ricks? It was nice and cold up there, remember? Especially since you always had your feet hanging out the open window. :)

Rachel said...

I just won your Branching Out Top and I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!
I've never had a custom made piece of clothing before, so that's super exciting! Now I have to agree with Linda about being as thin as the model in your pics. Haha.
I'm off to take my measurements!

Your kids are too cute!

Natalie said...

Hey Jodi! This is Natalie (Aunt Linda's daughter) and I just wanted to say hello. Your kids have gotten so big and are absolutely adorable. I am loving all your clothes. Wow, you are amazing.

Natalie said...

Hey Jodi! This is Natalie (Aunt Linda's daughter.) I just wanted to say hello. Your kids have grown so much and are absolutely adorable. I am loving all the clothes you sew. You are amazing.

Natalie said...

Haha, I just realized that you have to approve the messages before they appear so I am sorry if I sent like a million messages.

KathiNiels said...

Love the new outfits. Cute, cute, cute. You will have to take pictures of the bridesmaids dresses and post when you get them done.

Deon said...

Hi, Jodi! I tracked you through Lynnette's blog! Love it - your things are beautiful. Hugs to you all!